Originally published: September 29, 2017
Updated: April 4, 2020
Under the first release, dhtmlxDiagram 1.0 features the ability to build organization charts of any complexity. An organizational chart represents the most natural way of displaying the hierarchical structure of an organization. You can use it to show the structure of a company, business, or project team. View samples
Such diagrams may have different purposes. You can use them as management tools that help to define the area of responsibility for each team member, as a personnel directory, etc.
Organizational charts display work responsibilities in an intuitive way which allows improving the work of communication lines and helps each member of the organization understand how their work fits into the overall scheme.
What makes dhtmlxDiagram so good?
- 3 predefined types of nodes: text, image, or any other custom HTML and SVG element. You also have the ability to create custom nodes based on your needs.
- Provide a custom and unique look and feel for your org chart through CSS.
- You can enable vertical mode to provide a compact view for your diagram.
What’s New in the Next Updates?
With the introduction of SVG and HTML templates, DHTMLX Diagram now allows both adding new custom shapes for creating such diagram types as network diagrams, life cycle diagrams, Venn diagrams, and whatnot, and customizing the existing ones. Moreover, it is also possible to combine flowchart and org chart shapes in one diagram. On top of all, DHTMLX Diagram has become much more customizable with brand new options for configuring each and every diagram element.
Ready to start?
- Download dhtmlxDiagram right now
- Visit Diagram page to check the live demo
- Check documentation and samples
With dhtmlxDiagram, you can use different types of organizational charts, flowcharts, decision trees and other diagrams to create a visual representation that better reflects the structure of your company, helps you illustrate its processes and workflows and make better decisions.