- Cross-browser compatible (IE, Chrome, FF, Opera, Safari)
- Integration with HTML forms
- Filtering, searching, grouping
- Auto-calculated values in footer/header
- In-line editing
- Ready-to-use solutions for large data sets: paging, dynamic loading, Smart Rendering
- Frozen columns (splitted grid)
- Clipboard support
- Server-side integration with dhtmlxConnector
- Support for subgrids within grid
- Resizable/movable columns
- Move rows/columns with drag-and-drop
- Drag-and-drop to/from dhtmlxTree PRO
- Combobox, calendar, and more predefined eXcells
- The ability to create a custom eXcell
- Math formulas for cells
- Different keyboard mappings
- Easy styling with CSS or predefined skins
- Invisible data blocks for rows/entire grid (userdata)
- Client-side sorting (string, integer, date, custom) and server-side sorting ready
- Wide range of event handlers
- Serialization to XML/CSV and loading from XML/CSV
- Fast Performance with Large Datasets
makes the grid highly customizable and easy-to-use. dhtmlxGrid can load data from different data sources:
- Filtering, Searching, Grouping, Smart Rendering
with rich in-cell editing, built-in filtering, searching, and grouping capabilities. Smart Rendering and paging
support ensure fast loading speed even with huge datasets. Numerous event handlers allow you to add necessary
interactivity to the grid.
- Keyboard Navigation
There are 3 predefined keymap commands available: native, MS Excel and MS Access.
You can also change any command based on your needs.
- Server-Side Integration
(PHP, Java, Ruby on Rails, ASP.NET, ColdFusion, and others). The dhtmlxConnector
library and Ajax support provide the ability to save and update the grid data on the server automatically
in real time without page reload.
- Powerful Features for Spreadsheets
dhtmlxGrid supports the most powerful features necessary for Ajax-based spreadsheets, such as merged cells,
split mode, the ability to move grid columns (with drag-and-drop or script methods) and copy data to a clipboard (in CSV format).
- Various In-Cell Editors
architecture allows you to use custom components as cell editors (on a per cell basis), which gives the ability
to customize and greatly enrich the grid functionality.
Since version 5.1, dhtmlxGrid supports TypeScript, so you can use type checking, and as a result you'll have
a stable code. What is more, you'll get suggestions and code completion by moders IDEs. Find out more details in our docs.
Editions and Licenses
Standard GNU GPL v2
Free under GPL
- Use in unlimited projects
- Forum support
- Minor and Major updates
Professional Commercial license
- Use in one project
- Standard ticket support
- 1 month of updates (minor, major, bugfixes)
Professional Enterprise license
- Use in unlimited projects
- Premium ticket support
- 12 months of updates (minor, major, bugfixes)
Demo Apps & Learning Resources
All JS Grid features are accompanied by an online sample. Explore the functionality of the grid
component and check its code.
Create a support request and get fast and qualified help from our support/development team.
Our detailed documentation can learn how to use Grid and effectively implement it in your own applications.
It provides the detailed information regarding each aspect of the widget.
If you don't have an active support subscription, you are welcome to post your technical questions to our forum.
It's moderated by our official support team.
Need help with dhtmlxSuite integration into your app? Contact us