You can use dhtmlxTree as an individual component or as a part of dhtmlxSuite
- Cross-browser compatibility (IE, Chrome, FF, Opera, Safari)
- Editable items (in-line editing)
- Server-side integration with dhtmlxConnector
- Keyboard navigation
- Context menu
- Advanced drag-and-drop capabilities
- Drag-and-drop to/from dhtmlxGrid
- Right-to-left languages support (RTL)
- Dynamic loading for large trees
- Smart XML Parsing for large trees
- Smart Rendering for extra-large trees
- Serialization to XML
- Checkboxes (two/three states, disabled/hidden), radio buttons
- Customizable appearance
- Unlimited user-data for nodes
- Ajax-based hierarchical tree in your app
Ajax-based hierarchical tree on a web page. The treeview supports in-line node editing,
advanced drag-and-drop, three-state checkboxes, and more.
- Powerful drag-and-drop
Drag-and-drop capabilities allow you to drag the tree control items not just within one tree, but
between different trees (even if they are located in different frames or iframes).
- Complete API control
Rich client-side API provides complete control over the treeview appearance and behavior. In
addition to the functional API, dhtmlxTree also provides an object constructor that allows you to
define object properties within a single command.
- Ajax model of data processing
updated seamlessly without reloading the entire webpage. All changes performed in the
treeview on the client side can be saved to the database automatically in real time.
- Server-Side Integration
To simplify server-side integration, we've developed the dhtmlxConnector
library that provides client-server data communication (available for PHP, Java, ASP.NET, and ColdFusion). You
can also use dhtmlxTree with the custom server-side code.
- Smart Rendering and Distributed Parsing
Once built into your web site or application, dhtmlxTree provides a high-performance navigation
system. Smart Rendering brings excellent performance for trees with a great number of nodes
per level. With Distributed Parsing, tree levels are loaded asynchronously: when the node is
open, only the first portion of sub-nodes is displayed, then other nodes are dynamically
processed and displayed by the same portions on demand.
Editions and Licenses
Standard GNU GPL v2
Free under GPL
- Use in unlimited projects
- Forum support
- Minor and Major updates
Professional Commercial license
- Use in one project
- Standard ticket support
- 1 month of updates (minor, major, bugfixes)
Professional Enterprise license
- Use in unlimited projects
- Premium ticket support
- 12 months of updates (minor, major, bugfixes)
Demo Apps & Learning Resources
All Tree features are accompanied by an online sample
Create a support request and get fast and qualified help from our support/development team.
Our detailed documentation can learn how to use Tree and effectively implement it in your own applications.
It provides the detailed information regarding each aspect of the widget.
If you don't have an active support subscription, you are welcome to post your technical questions to our forum.
It's moderated by our official support team.
Need help with dhtmlxTree integration into your app? Contact us