Listed below are the most important new features incorporated in DHTMLX components:
– Search functionality – a search box can be attached to any column; while user types in the box, grid dynamically searches through the records and highlights a row that contains a look up value;
– Filtering – textbox, selectbox or combobox can be used to filter grid data (both alphabetic and numeric values);
– Grouping – grid now has the ability to group rows by a column value;
– Auto-calculated values in footer/header – grid calculates sum of numeric values dynamically while they are edited by user;
– Sub-rows and sub-grids – each row in the grid can contain an expandable sub-row or a child grid which can be loaded by Ajax;
– Pivot ready – grid can be used as a base for pivot table.
– Nodes connection lines – tree lines can be shown to visualize hierarchical structure of data;
– Improved loading performance (15-25%) – TreeGrid code was optimized to have better performance.
– JSON/CSV support – in addition to advanced XML support dhtmlxTree now support loading data from JSON or CSV;
– Smart Rendering for large trees – greatly increases overall performance of trees with big number of items per level (500 and more).
– Common events system implemented – now events such as onChange, OnKeyPressed, OnBlur and OnSelectionChange can be processed .
With this new release one more component was added to DHTMLX line of products – dhtmlxCalendar. It is a simple, nice-looking and easy-to-use calendar control which can be used as a popup date picker or a flat calendar. dhtmlxCalendar provides the base functionality necessary to implement intuitive date selection.
All the updated components come with fixed known issues, optimized existing functionality and performance enhancements. The new release can be downloaded from DHTMLX website. All new features can be found live in Samples and Docs Explorer.